Thursday, September 5, 2019

Have a Robotic Vacuum?

"Well, bless your heart!", as we like to say here in the south. Yes, honey, you need to get one of those things!



I have to confess that before I got my own, I thought of robotic vacuums as an unnecessary extravagance. Real women use a traditional vacuum or a broom, right? 

Well, maybe real women in their right mind don't have a golden retriever as an indoor pet. Along with a toddler that picks up everything off the floor and puts it in their mouth. Eeww!

This is one case of begging for an appliance for that special occasion like a birthday, anniversary, Christmas, or just because you love me.  I know that men are told not to buy an appliance for their wives on those occasions. But, please! Make an exception for this one.

Since I have acquired my robotic vacuum, I can honestly say that my floor is the cleanest it has been in a year. And that's only because we painted last year and moved some furniture around. That little round machine gets under the bed and other pieces of furniture that had tons of accumulated dust and debris, that my traditional vacuum just can't reach.

But the best part, beyond the much cleaner floors, is my own since of relief. I no longer have the dreaded chore of vacuuming hanging over my head. I literally dreaded it every day for a week, until I could make myself do it on Saturday. I dust mopped daily, just trying to stay a little ahead of the multiple piles of dog hair and dried mud on the floor. And, the "I have a dirty floor I should do something about" guilt is gone.

I just turn "Eufy" on in the morning, and watch him go. I move furniture around a little to make sure that he has access to where he needs to be, and babysit a little in case he gets trapped somewhere. 

I didn't get the most expensive brand, but went for one that had good reviews on pet hair, warranty and customer service for less than $200. It is an Eufy brand. It does require a little maintenance with each use, such as emptying the dirt trap and removing dog hair from the brushes, but it is sooo worth it. In the future, I might even get one that mops. 

So, if I were you...do a little shopping and get one of these things ASAP. Unless, of course, you just love dragging your vacuum out of the closet it is crammed into, amid the winter coats and suitcases. And then bending over multiple times to move furniture, drag said vacuum around behind you...etc. I know you get the picture. Truly, I hate vacuuming the most of any household chore. I'd rather clean the bathroom 10 times before I vacuum. 


 And, as an added a bonus, it really can be entertaining to watch....



Work smarter, not harder....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment.